My Designs

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Purpose


“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Purpose... What is my purpose, this is a question I've struggled with for my whole life. So far my purpose has been...
make ice cream at Dairy Queen
help the sick as a CNA
help you pay for your food as a cashier for Kroger
get the knots out as a Massage Therapist
do everything as a Mom
Have I found my purpose yet... Not sure. I desire to make a difference, will that be thru knitting and crochet in the big bad fiber world. Who knows. This Thursday and Friday I will leave to go to Nashville with a group from my church. I will be learning about how to decorate for VBS. Will a few yards of paper taped to the wall fulfill a longing for purpose in my life? We will find out. 
Welcome to my blog... 
I promise a few things...
I will talk about knitting and crochet and yarn. 
I will talk about my daughter and how she challenges me everyday.
I will talk about my church and my faith. 
I hope to include lots of pictures and stories that I find interesting and/or important. 
I hope you love it, I hope you share it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment